How to gradually develop the natural non-stick surface of your Solidteknics pan.
How to stove-top season
Your pan will benefit from occasional stove-top seasoning, particularly if you’ve been cooking quite acidic foods (tomato-based dishes, for example) or had to scrub hard to remove any stubborn cooking debris. Here’s how:
1. Turn on your extractor fans and open the windows to avoid filling your kitchen with smoke and setting off the smoke alarms.
2. Place your pan on an appropriately sized hob and gradually increase the heat.
3. As the pan warms up, add a teaspoon of cooking oil – sunflower, groundnut or rapeseed oil have a high burning temperature and won’t leave behind a bitter flavour. Using a paper towel, wipe the oil around the pan’s surfaces.
4. Continue wiping until the oil begins to smoke.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, leave to cool for a minute or two, then repeat the process twice more.
Step by step
To see stove-top seasoning in action, watch this short video.